About Supporting STEM Scholarship
HoshizakiIceMaker.com, hosted by B & G Refrigeration in Jacksonville, FL, offers an annual scholarship for the spring and fall semester to support students involved in science, technology, engineering, and math focused fields of study. We encourage our youth to pursue these areas of study in order to create college graduates who are prepared to work in fields that enhance the economy and complement the business industry.
We believe filling STEM jobs with talented young professionals is a critical factor in ensuring the long-term success of America’s economy. We are a member of the STEM coalition, and believe that society should improve the way that students learn science, mathematics, technology, and engineering. We believe that the business, education, and STEM communities must work together to achieve this goal.
Description of the Supporting STEM Scholarship
A single award of $1,000, split evenly between fall and spring semester, will be sent to the financial aid office of the winning applicant’s academic institution where funds will be disbursed. The awarded funds may be used for any school-related cost at the recipient’s discretion.
Deadline for this year's scholarship submission is June 30, 2020
Eligibility Requirements for the Supporting STEM Scholarship
An applicant must:
· Be an undergraduate college student or high school senior
· Have a cumulative minimum of 3.0 GPA
· Maintain full-time enrollment of 12 credit hours or more per college term
· Be a declared major in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematic field of study
· Demonstrate passion for STEM subjects, strong moral character, and leadership ability
· Reside in the U.S. attend a U.S. university, and be legally declared as a U.S. citizen
Necessary Documents for Supporting STEM Scholarship
· Proof of enrollment in a four-year accredited university:
· Examples includes:
· Current and/or future class schedule
· Proof of enrollment document
· Enrollment verification
· Acceptance letter
· College transcripts
High School Seniors:
· Current high school transcript
· Four year accredited university acceptance letter *
* If you are a high school senior that does not have an acceptance letter from an accredited four-year university yet, then submit your current high school transcript and SAT/ACT test scores only. If you qualify as a finalist for our scholarship, then we will contact you to verify and update any academic information.
* We will verify SAT/ACT scores if you are a finalist for our supporting STEM Scholarship