Supporting STEM Scholarship from HoshizakiIceMaker.com
HoshizakiIceMaker.com, from B&G Refrigeration in Jacksonville, FL, offers an annual scholarship for spring and fall semesters to benefit students involved in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) focused fields of study. We hope to encourage our youth to pursue these areas of study in order to cultivate college graduates who are prepared to work in fields which enhance the economy and complement our own business industry.
We believe filling STEM jobs with talented young professionals is a critical factor in ensuring the long-term success of America’s global economy. We are a member of the STEM Coalition, and believe that our nation must improve the way our students learn science, mathematics, technology and engineering and that the business, education, and STEM communities must work together to achieve this goal.
Award Description for the Supporting STEM Scholarship
An award of $1000, split evenly between fall and spring semester, will be given to the winning scholarship applicant. The award funds may be used for tuition, books, food, or any other school-related cost at the winning scholarship applicant’s discretion.
Eligibility Requirements for the Supporting STEM Scholarship
In order to apply for the Supporting STEM Scholarship from HoshizakiIceMaker.com, potential applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The applicant may be a college-level student providing certified proof of enrollment in a four-year accredited university or;
- The applicant may be a high school senior providing certified proof of enrollment at a four-year accredited university.
- The applicant must provide transcripts proving a cumulative minimum of 3.0 unweighted GPA.
- The applicant must maintain full-time enrollment of 12 credit hours or more per term.
- The applicant must be in a declared major in line with science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields of study.
- The applicant must demonstrate passion for the STEM field of study, strong moral character, and leadership ability by answering a short questionnaire with a 150 word minimum answer requirement per question. (Longer responses are encouraged)
How to Apply for the Supporting STEM Scholarship
To apply for the Supporting STEM Scholarship from HoshizakiIceMaker.com, please use the link below to access our application form. You will be asked for personal information (like name, contact information, etc.) and to complete a short 5-question section with a 150 word minimum response to each question required.The application deadline is July 30, 2017.
The questions are open-ended, so there is no right or wrong answer. Longer answers are encouraged, since the winning candidate will be chosen based upon his or her demonstration of outstanding moral character, leadership ability, and passion for the STEM field of study. Student information is strictly confidential, and will not be used in any way except for: Evaluating the students for the award, confirming we received the applications, and contacting the winning recipient.
For more information, please review the Supporting STEM Scholarship Criteria.
Before submitting the Supporting STEM Scholarship application form, applicants will be required to attach supporting documentation including: proof of full-time enrollment, and transcripts.